At SunnyBank we are constantly looking to improve the services we offer our patients against the back drop of major changes within the NHS.
One way in which we can ensure we are working on the right things is to ask you, our patients.
As such, we have an active Patient Participation Group (PPG) here at the practice. Ideally, this group will have a mix of patients covering all ages, both male & female.
A PPG Can
- Offer patient feedback about their experiences with the surgery
- Help the practice improve their services
- Help the practice make the best use of their resources
- Improve communication
- Help to promote good health
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
A PPG isn’t
- A forum for complaints
- A fundraising organisation
- A time consuming activity
We hope to have a core group that will meet with the practice team a few times a year. We also wish to create a much larger group of patients whom we contact via email periodically in order to ask a question or two and gain valuble feedback.
You can register your interest in joining the PPG by clicking on the link below and completing the form.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
To help us with this, we are setting up a virtual patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather around a hundred patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please complete our registration form.
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
Aim of PPG
The aim of the PPG is to ensure that effective communications are established in the Practice for all service users and colleagues. The PPG will be the arena where issues and concerns are raised by participants in order to influence and develop healthcare services with particular emphasis on Sunnybank Medical Centre.
- To make a positive difference.
- The PPG shall, from time to time, allocate agreed tasks to working groups and/or (sub) committees. The Remits, Terms of Reference, modes of report, timescales etc shall be determined by the PPG at the same time.
- To be actively involved and consulted in any potential service developments.
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.
- Continue to improve communications.
- Receive support from health professionals to achieve shared goals and to access relevant training.
- Work closely with professionals on key issues.
- Initiate, help and attend events to promote and educate on health issues.
- Initiate, aid in the design of, and evaluate the outcomes of surveys.
- Liaise with other Patient Participation Groups in the area where appropriate.
- Explore value of affiliation with NSPP (National Association of Patient Participation) in order to gain support and resources.
If you are registered as a patient at Sunnybank Medical Centre you are welcome to join our PPG, please complete our registration form to join.
Roles of Members
The Chair / ViceChair
The Chair will bea patient elected annually by the PPG group members by ballot and can serve amaximum of 3 continuous years.
The Chair’sresponsibilities being involved with the agenda for group meetings, advising onissues relating to the meetings and follow up of issues arising from meetings.
The PPG will meet as agreed. The venue will be Sunnybank Medical Centre, Wyke, Bradford.
Refreshments will be provided by the Practice and any travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Papers will arrive no less than one week prior to the meeting date.