Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccine
First Covid Vaccination
We are now starting to contact patients aged 16-65 who are in an at risk group. View the Priority Groups page.
Patients in this group will receive a text message telling them that they are eligible for a Covid Vaccine and asking them to click on a link to book an appointment.
The link that is included in the message will only work for you. Please do not forward this message to friends or family. When you click on the link, it will ask you for your date of birth to confirm who you are. After that you will be able to book an appointment with us.
The vaccine that you will be given is the Astra Zeneca Vaccine:
If you prefer, you can book an appointment at one of the large vaccination sites instead of at our surgery.
Second Covid Vaccination
Patients who had their first Covid Vaccination with us will be invited back for a second vaccination 11-12 weeks after their first vaccination.
You will be given the same type of vaccination that you received for your first dose. E.g. Pfizer or Astra Zeneca.
Pfizer vaccinations will be carried out at Shipley Medical Practice.
Please do not book an online appointment if you answer ‘Yes’ to any of these questions:
- Are you currently unwell with a fever?
- As a result of a severe allergic reaction, have you ever been prescribed an adrenaline auto-injector such as an Epipen for emergency use in case of future allergic reactions?
- Have you ever been hospitalised as a result of a severe allergic reaction?
- Are you or have you been in a clinical trial of a potential coronavirus vaccine?
- Are you on warfarin? If so, is your last INR greater than 4?
- Do you have a bleeding disorder under the care of a hospital based haematologist?
- Are you currently pregnant, breast feeding or planning to become pregnant in the next 3 months?
- Have you had any vaccination in the last 7 days?
If you start with a fever before your appointment, please try to cancel and do not attend.